Tuesday 12 February 2013

Reflections of Summer

Oil on Board, 6 x 8 incheSOLD

Another green one for the Gallery - seems strange painting a summery one in the depths of winter!  It's funny though, I get so absorbed, I'm actually back there, standing on that river bank on that glorious late summer afternoon.  

I've painted this scene several times, from different angles, times of day and season.  Regular readers of my Blog will know that I like to paint directly into the light, and when you have Lillies or any surface weed on the water, the sunlight bounces of these and they become the brightest lights of the painting..gorgeous....I'm easily pleased!

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic light....how the hell do you DO that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I do the same as you do with your portraits - I just paint what I see!

      Delete
  2. Ah, but your landscapes are very much better than my portraits! And you capture so much more than what can be seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that! If it appears I capture more than what can be seen, I take that as a huge compliment, but it really is all there if you train your eyes to look. Most of us go around with our eyes closed, but I think as a landscape painter, you see so much more. I was a golf pro for 12 years and I never saw the beauty of the landscape then!

      Delete

Please leave a comment !