Saturday 21 September 2019

Evening Hack, near Glaston

Oil 9 x 12 inches. 

I painted this one a couple of weeks ago out in the raw, if a very warm September evening can be considered 'in the raw'! It was a bit of a struggle with the light changing all the time, but I wanted to capture that lovely, golden light as evening comes. I finished the painting off in the studio. This is a slight mix of techniques, using a large, flat brush to paint all the trees, but I switched to my trusty 1" decorator's brush to paint the foreground roadsides - this is a very quick method and although the effect is a little more photographic then painterly, perhaps, it works, is fast and helps to give depth to the painting, rather than being all painterly, or less fully described.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment !