Thursday 26 March 2020

Oaks by the Brathay

Oil on Board, 10 x 17 inches

I painted this over the last couple of days, from my trip to the Lakes in November. I had just painted a small oil on site, facing in the other direction, then turned around and here was this most glorious view which just had to be painted. I didn't have the time there and then, so took a couple of photos and made this painting from them, and filmed the painting of the water. Many people who come into the gallery say they admire the way I paint water, because it's so difficult, and I always reply that painting water is the easy bit, it's trees that are difficult! So, I've posted a video of painting water in oils, and if you fancy sitting through 55 minutes of real-time painting, click on this link: https://youtu.be/8n7BgiZPibU

1 comment:

  1. One of your paintings popped into my pinterest feed so I had a look at the others. Your paintings are beautiful and I love the way you paint your trees! My trees tend to be overworked. I noticed you mentioned Trevor Chamberlain's work. I wondered why I knew the name. Lo and behold, I have his book in my art collection so I shall read what he says about trees. It was lovely and inspiring seeing your work!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment !