Tuesday 24 November 2020

Over the Valley, Burbage South

 

Oil 9 x 12 inches
 
Another painting from the recent trip with artist friends to the Peak District. This was the last painting of the day, hurriedly drawn and the basics sketched in with oil and finished in the studio. I was somewhat hampered by leaving my specs in the car after trekking up to the venue, so the first painting, 'Rock Formations and Millstones, Burbage South' was a double challenge in the ferocious wind and being semi-blind! This second effort was a little easier having tucked myself out of the worst of the wind and trekked back to the car to get my glasses! The figure, perfectly placed for the composition, is fellow painter, Ian Leyton, who was painting down below me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment !