Monday, 30 December 2013

Autumn near Lyndon

Oil on Board, 9 x 12 inches

Firstly, I should say a big thank you to you all for reading my Blog over the past year and I hope you're all enjoying your festive break. And if you've only just joined, where have you been?

The painting above I did as a demonstration piece a few weeks ago to the Oundle Art Society.  On the day, I had forgotten to bring my big 1" household brush, but a lady in the audience very kindly loaned me her pastry brush, which I made do with and enabled me to paint in the foliage.  Not having painted anything for over a week, I checked back in the studio today and refined the painting a little with my trusty 1" brush.

Here's the painting on the day, showing how far I got in the allotted two hours using the pastry brush:

8 comments:

  1. Love it, the colours, the shadows, everything! It is a pleasure following your blog Peter, keep it up in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John and Babs - I'll shall try my best!

      Delete
  2. I love seeing your paintings, Happy NewYear! (I'm off to buy a pastry brush now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, thank you Cathy and the same to you!

      Delete
  3. Do you realize how homesick you make me for the English countryside with your beautiful paintings! I live in Texas but still remember the beauty of the English countryside where I grew up, You capture it so well in your paintings.
    Thank you for your blogs. It is a real pleasure reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thank you SAB for your very kind words!

      Delete
  4. Another stunning painting Peter may I also wish you a very Happy Birthday on the 3rd hope you have a brill time x Ve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Ve and a happy new year to you x

      Delete

Please leave a comment !