Monday 17 February 2014

Molunan Beaches, St Anthony Head

Oil on Board, 6.25 x 10 inches  SOLD

Here's another painting from my trip to the Roseland Peninsula last September, looking down on one of the Molunan Beaches - not sure whether this is Little or Great Molunan. This view is looking in the opposite direction to 'Calm Waters, St Anthony Head', the painting in my last post.

I quite liked the rhythm of the rocky outcrops, making your eye go in a zigzag path through the picture, with the tones of each mini-peninsula getting ever paler and bluer to give that sense of distance. I also loved the purpley colour of the rocks as they were covered by the green, milky sea in the foreground. This was towards the end of the season, so there wasn't a lot of activity, which adds to the tranquillity and sense of place I think. Ooh, get me, all poetic and lyrical...

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful as always Peter I wonder if it still looks like this after the dreadful weather we have had. Roll on summer eh Ve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ve, yes, I wonder how it looks now after the vicious storms. I dare say some of the pines have gone. Roll on finer weather indeed!

      Delete

Please leave a comment !