Wednesday 26 August 2020

Across the Chater Valley, Lyndon

                                  Oil 7.75 x 14 inches. 

Driving home the scenic route from golf last Friday, my eye was caught by the gorgeous blue/mauve of the distant trees on the road from Lyndon. I was starving, so raced home, grabbed a quick sandwich, then shot back with my kit, parked up and walked back to get the optimum view and quickly got started using a slightly more letterbox-shaped board. It was difficult to get a good composition, because the downhill road was going straight out of the picture plane, so I positioned myself looking through a gap in the avenue of trees. Purely by accident, my car was in the perfect position to stop the eye and poke it back into the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment !