Tuesday 9 April 2013

Bluebells in North Leigh Wood

Oil on Board, 10 x 14 inches

This is just a reminder of how things will look in about three weeks time, IF it ever warms up!  I played golf yesterday and it was as cold as any day in the winter, and my face felt as if it had been sand-blasted.

I wasn't going to include the branches on the right that twist over to the left, but then I decided they would give some movement and depth to the picture, especially the one that grows out and towards the viewer from the branch on the upper right. 

This is the last of four new 10x14 paintings I've done for the Cotswold Art and Antique Dealers Association Fair at Blenheim Palace from 18th - 21st April 2013.  You can see them and five others on the John Noott Gallery stand.


2 comments:

  1. J'aime la belle profondeur dans cette peinture. Son atmosphère est également d'une grande sérénité... Il me tarde de me promener dans les sous-bois lorsque les arbres nous accueillent avec des révérences feuillues...
    La lumière est très belle dans le feuillage et j'aime le tapis de fleurs.
    un bel hommage à Demoiselle Printemps qui ferait bien de nous montrer qu'elle est arrivée !
    Gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci vraiment Martinealison - le ressort est presque ici !

      Delete

Please leave a comment !