Monday 30 May 2016

Big Clouds

Oil on Board, 5.5 x 7.5 inches

I'm going to be guest artist at Patchings Art Festival on Friday June 10th - next week - and suddenly realised that I'm going to have very little to have displayed because we've sold my work so well in the gallery...did I mention that I have a gallery, Peter Barker Fine Art: www.peterbarkerfineart.co.uk (other inferior galleries are available :))

So, I'm going to be grafting away in the next week to get a few little'uns painted and framed-up ready for the festival, so watch this space for more! 

Here's the first one - very topical, with so many bright yellow oilseed rape fields adorning our countryside. Often, skies are very secondary to the rest of the landscape in my paintings, but here, with those lovely billowing cumulus clouds, the sky had to have at least equal billing, so I made the horizon low in the picture plane to emphasise the majesty of the clouds.


2 comments:

Please leave a comment !