Friday 27 May 2016

Snow Lane

Oil on Board, 10 x 12 inches

Can it really be a month since I last posted a painting - blimey! I have done a couple during a trip to the Isle of Skye, but this is the first exhibition standard effort. It's actually a commissioned piece, hence the non-seasonal theme.

Oaks generally are the last leaves to turn their Autumnal brown, and this scene in December shows a lot of leaves still hanging on, providing a lovely foil to the cool blues and white of the snow. The view is a lane not far from my studio, with a little artistic licence employed by putting in the two barns as required by the client.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, my name is Elaine Pfeil and I have a small theatre company in the US that I started right before the pandemic. We are producing a Zoom recorded reader's theatre version of A Christmas Carol that I have adapted. I was wondering if I could use this image as a virtual background for part of the scene with the Ghost of Christmas Past. The video will be on YouTube and our Facebook page. My email is microtheatrebroadwaytavern@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment !