Tuesday 29 January 2019

Winter Grazers near Gretton

Pastel 13x 19 inches
 
Yes, another demo painting I did last year, at Peterborough Art society I think. I finished back in the studio today. I reserved the pure Titanium White Schmincke Pastel stick, the softest, most buttery stick, to knock-in those gleaming jewels of sunlight. I say knock-in, because it is exactly the noise it makes, banging in those spotlights with the edge of the stick, rather like an impasto blob of Oil paint, after brushing off a tiny bit of underlying pigment with a Hog brush. Hmm, a bit more info divulged...I'll have to kill you all.

3 comments:

  1. Great to see you are back painting. Since I've been using pastels to paint landscapes for several years now, I'm very interested to see your pastel landscape technique. I find that many North American pastellists emphasize the "mark" to the detriment of the scene. I very much like the way you use pastel in your landscapes, which always ring true to me regardless of the medium you use. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Jane - nice of you to take the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Hương Lâm chuyên cung cấp máy photocopy và dịch vụ cho thuê máy photocopy giá rẻ, uy tín TP.HCM với dòng máy photocopy toshiba và dòng máy photocopy ricoh uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment !