Saturday 24 December 2011

River Welland at Barrowden

Oil on board, 6 x 8 inches

This little painting is my local river again in the next village to where I live.  The river provides a nice 'lead-in' to the picture, taking the eye to the focal point of the church to the left of centre and the bluey distant trees.  The bare Willow trees in the foreground were painted in layers with my big household brush. 
May I wish you all a very happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year and thank you so much for reading my jottings and looking at my paintings over the year.  Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you to Peter, we have enjoyed all of your paintings and all of your posted wisdom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Babs, Jo and John - you're very kind and glad you've enjoyed my self-indulgence!
    Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment !