Tuesday 17 July 2012

Little Owl

 I spotted this Little Owl sitting on the road, ready to be squashed by one of the cars coming behind me.  I stopped, ran back to scoop up the little guy and put him in a nearby tree after giving him a quick once-over.  He seemed uninjured apart from his right eye being orange instead of the bright greenish-yellow it should be, as can be seen in the blurred photo below. I came back just before dark to see if he was still there, but he had gone, but on searching in the grass beneath the tree, I spotted his two eyes staring at me.
 I picked him up again after he flew weakly a few feet and carried him well away from the roadside and put him in another tree. 
 He's not a happy owl and I fear he may not survive, but I shall go to find him in the morning to see if he's still there and take him to a vet if he's still weak.  What a gorgeous little chap though isn't he?

2 comments:

  1. He was a lucky little owl for such a caring person as yourself to spot him. I hope all goes well for him. By the way like your new photo you look very happy. Ve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the right place at the right time Ve! Glad you like my new mugshot - it's from 6 years ago actually!

      Delete

Please leave a comment !