Thursday 7 August 2014

A Bend on the Nene

Pastel on Clairefontaine Pastelmat, 13x19 inches

My last Pastel for a spell - I don't like to do too many pastels at a stretch because of the dusty atmosphere produced, which isn't very healthy!

This is another I did as a demo a while back, finally finishing it off in the studio today. The view is of the River Nene close to the old Waternewton Mill, which was a working watermill built in 1791, but converted to flats and a shop in 1986 - what a gorgeous place to live! 

Having done a million oils and a few thousand pastels in the last 31 years, i'm getting the urge to have a go at some watercolours, which, when I started out in this wonderful vocation, consisted of about half of my output. So, it's time I had a go after I've framed a bunch of paintings, so stand by your beds.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment !